Chef Joachim Koerper
Born in Germany, Joachim Koerper long ago fell in love with the cuisine and ingredients of Southern Europe, and is today widely acclaimed as one of the most important masters of “Mediterranean Cuisine”.
Throughout his career Joachim has worked in such renowned restaurants as:
- L´Ambroisie in Paris (three Michelin stars)
- Moulin de Mougins, owned by the brilliant Roger Verge (three Michelin stars)
- Guy Savoy in Paris (two Michelin stars)
- Hostelerie du Cerf, in Marlenheim (two Michelin stars)
- Au Chapon Fin, in Thoissey (two Michelin stars).
The teachings of these great Chefs have made Joachim decide to adopt a gastronomic philosophy based in the exclusive use of 'natural and fresh ingredients that are local to the area where I work'. That principle is one of the foundations of his culinary virtuosity.
Joachim Koerper affirmed himself as a leading Chef when he opened his own restaurant in a small Spanish seaside village. Nine months later, the Michelin guide awarded the “Girasol” its first star, and three years later its second, which it still holds.